Deveronvale 2 v Keith 2


This wasn't one of the classic 'Vale v Keith clashes - but boy, it had a humdinger of a finish to it. The Banffers must have thought they had got one over their rivals when Robert Scott put the Princess Royal Parkers ahead with three minutes of normal time remaining.

However, in a massive sting in the tail, Cammy Keith was bundled over inside the penalty area two minutes into injury time.  He duly rattled home the equaliser, then 'Vale's Kyle Willox saw red for his continuous protestations at the award being given.

Neither side was anything to write home about, so if truth be known a share of the spoils was probably about right, with the Maroons happy enough at travelling back up the A 95 having stretched their unbeaten run to three games.

Greg Simpson was the first goalie in action after five minutes, pulling off a fine diving save to keep out Jody Munro's 18 yarder.  At the other end five minutes later, the unmarked Jamie McAllister headed wide.  Within two minutes 'Vale were ahead, the unmarked Lewis Dunbar firing into the far corner of the net from 12 yards.

'Vale could have doubled their lead in the 38th minute. but Andy Smith came to the rescue heading the ball out from under the bar. Then, two minutes from the half-time cuppa it was all square when a Stewart Hutcheon cross was teed on by Cammy Keith, and McAllister made no mistake from 8 yards for his 3rd goal of the season.

Nine minutes after the break with Michael Selfridge and Cammy Keith racing in from the edge of the box, the referee decided to pull play back to award the Maroons a free kick on the half way line.

Midway through the half, the Maroons breathed a sigh of relief when the unmarked Dunbar saw his shot luckily gathered by Simpson. A few minutes later Marc Young squandered a gilt edged chance when he raced into the penalty area, but fired his shot straight at Grant Pennet in the 'Vale goals.

Pennet came to the rescue again with 82 minutes on the clock keeping out Cammy Keith's low drive, then defying Bradley Manson at his left hand post from the loose ball.

With the egg timer running out Simpson pulled off a good save, but was helpless as Robert Scott followed up quickly to slam the loose ball into the roof of the net.  Tatties ower the side or what? Well no, because with two minutes of added time having been played, ex-Maroons defender Michael Dunn was adjudged to have impeded Cammy Keith inside the penalty area.  The Keith skipper duly rattled home the spot kick for his 12th goal of the season.  Then came the red card for Willox right at the very death.

KEITH - Simpson, Hutcheon, Smith, Rae, Robertson, Manson, Macaskill(Young 58), Brownie, Keith, McAllister(Selfridge 46), Berton(Begg 76).  Subs unused - Barron, Stewart.

Referee - Mr D McFarlane.

Saturday 3rd November 2018, KO 3pm
Report by Charlie Simpson

Julie Brown